Sunday, June 20, 2010

One more nail in my coffin


I can't believe what is happening to me! I feel like I am being tested to see when I will crack up!!

Yesterday a dog (not the one that killed Hazel) got into our garden (how I do not know as we have blocked all the holes in the hedges - or so we thought) and killed one of our chickens. My hubby found the murdering thing in the process and chased it off but we couldn't find the other two. With the help of our nice neighbour (we do have nice ones as well as rotten ones!) we located Penny hiding in their hedge and later I found Barbara right in the middle of a very thick thorny hedge. Many scratches up my arms later we got the 2 remaining ladies back in their coop and tidied up the feathers and blood while sobbing my socks off.

Me and the hubby marched round to the dog owners house and dumped our poor dead hen at their front door only to see their stupid idiotic faces and listen to them tell us he can't have got out!! Face to face with the murderer I came very close to losing the plot and could have vented all my anger on this stupid dog owner who obviously had no idea what her dog was up to! This dog had terrorised the hens for 3 hours when we first got them, barking at their pen (luckily that time he couldn't get to them!) and the woman didn't even know he was missing!!! I would be frantic if my pet was missing!

Some people should NOT have animals.

I would not have felt quite so angry had a fox got her, as no one is responsible for wild animals. However my garden is my sanctuary from all the other rubbish I have to deal with day to day and I feel like my own private space has been violated because someone else does not care.
My head hurts and my soul is at breaking point.....please can I have a rest from all this?

R.I.P shy Sheila.....the hen who never got to lay an egg....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, no! That is horrible. Why are some people so irresposible? I am so sorry.

pigwidget said...

Oh Jane! I am so sorry to hear of this. Some people are so totally irresponsible with their pets... Big hugs :(

Fanny said...

This is heartbreaking, Jane! Thinking of you, and big hugs.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

this just sucks! I am so sorry this happened! You love yoor animals so. Please know my heart goes out to you every time you write about things like this. HUGS!!!

xox jean

suzanneinphx said...

I'm so terribly sorry, Jane :( I hope you have a wonderful holiday and get a much needed rest...